I Know Him Very Well

This is a song I wrote some years ago and is on my album Beauty of Grace. I'd heard about Mel Gibson's 'The Passion of Christ' and how graphic it was. Some Christians strongly recommended seeing it as it brought the reality of the crucifixion to life. However, the more realistic something is the more you think you've experienced it first hand. But the Christian faith is about commitment not emotional attachment; more about faith than experience.

The Passion of Christ is a dramatisation of an event, produced to create an emotional response. In that, there is nothing wrong but you cannot say you know Jesus if you've never met him in person.

I've created a video on YouTube to illustrate the song.

I know it very well: the carpets, curtains, paper on the wall, the living room and hall. But I have never lived there, never been at all. I've seen it on TV and it seemed like home to me.


photo © francesco for openphoto.net CC:Attribution-ShareAlike


I know her very well: her children's names, the things that make her laugh; the shadows of the past. But I have never met her now that you ask.

photo © Michael Jastremski for openphoto.net CC:Attribution-ShareAlike

I read it on the train, I recognised the name.

photo © Filippo Lodi for openphoto.net CC:Attribution-ShareAlike

I've seen so many places in my living room.

photo © Michael Jastremski for openphoto.net CC:Attribution-ShareAlike

Know what a broken heart is from my Mills & Boon.

photo © Sarah Klockars-Clauser for openphoto.net CC:Attribution-ShareAlike

I know him very well: his flowing hair, his eyes of powder blue, the people that he knew. You'll know his name is Jesus if you've seen the movie too.

photo © reynaldo f. tamayo for openphoto.net CC:Attribution-ShareAlike

A shame he had to die. It really made me cry.

photo © MIROSLAV VAJDIĆ for openphoto.net CC:Attribution-ShareAlike

Credits for images used in my music video I Know Him Very Well

© Chris Price 2004.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Fine

God Doesn't Care

A Lib Dem in the Coalition for Marriage